The Tip of the Iceberg

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Another Rant........(sorry)

I am gonna try not to mention any names here as I don't want a beating. But I got so pissed off tonight. Ok, I'll backtrack a little. Me and Lou went to church this evening, well we were there about fifteen minutes before we walked out. It was the same church that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that didn't take critism very well. Basically me and Lou both got wound up again and walked out. Now I have to say first of all that this church do loads of really good things. Anyway, the first thing the speaker said was how wonderful this church was, how it was the best church, how he had been here all day and how wonderful he was. We then sang a meaningless song with pathetic words but a great tune. Then we had the offering. Two weeks ago people had been asked to give in faith, give what they wanted to give, not what they could afford to give. Interesting idea, not a bad one i didn't think. But he wants people to do this every week. Now if you're giving what you can't afford then you're not actually giving out of what belongs to you. It's all very trusting in God to provide, but its like the whole jump off a cliff and God'll save you thing. You need to be responsible aswell. And where does this money go anyway? No-one is ever told but there is alot of fancy equiptment, technology, instruments and other things. I'm not saying that the money is spent unwisely, I'm juyst saying that people are giving blindly and are not told what happens to their money. To me thats not really right. But it was mainly the whole arrogance falseness of the place that made me want to leave. You always have to be happy and jumping and sorted. There doesn't seem to be any room for broken, hurt or tired people. You need space for both in my opinion. Rant over. You can breathe now.

So me and Lou came home and drank a spititual cup of peach, honey and vanilla tea while being holy and watching cheaper by the dozen...

3 Comments:

  • At 9:09 am, Blogger sparkles said…

    Grrrr.....

    come to my church :D (in York) it's on Wednesdays. That's a point, do you wanna come see me?

     
  • At 11:00 am, Blogger Emily said…

    Yeah i will. But my next free days off are in Feb. I'm seeing a friend in Leeds aswell so i might try to incorperate the two together. I was gonna go to scotland that week too but im not sure moneu will allow that! Lol. I'll see you christmas anyway!

     
  • At 8:57 am, Blogger sparkles said…

    yey :D

    I'm a bit choca with essays at the mo anyway

     

Post a Comment

<< Home