The Tip of the Iceberg

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Shopping and pondering, but not at the same time.

I honestly, truly, completely, utterly (etc etc) loathe shopping. I know, I know, I'm not a proper girl. Unfortunately I had to go today as my wardrobe still looks like I should be in Australia. Not good when I'm in England. I got Alice to write me a list of what I needed and then a list of what I wanted. I then gave her strict instructions not to let me get anything I want until I've got everything I need. Seemed easy enough. Eight hours later I returned home with only one thing I needed and far to many things that I didn't. Seriously what is wrong with me???

In between shopping I was pondering, as I do, and I was wondering why it is so hard to do things that are good for you. It really is quite illogical. For example, I know if I read my bible each morning my day just goes so much better, and even if it doesn't, I deal with things better. But does this mean that I read my bible everyday? Of course not. I know that if I practise my scales that my piano lesson will go much better and I have a better chance of passing my exams. But does that mean I always practise them? Nope. I know if I go to bed earlier that I'll not be tired the next day but do I? Well it's 11:30 now. I could go on but I'm sure you get the picture. It is evident to me that the knowlege that something is good for you is not enough to make people do it. So what is? Yeah thats where my pondering stopped.

Aaah and tragically my phone is broken. Great timing as usual. And the phone shop tell me there is nothing wrong with it. Yet again its all in my head, apparently. Ah well.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home