The Tip of the Iceberg

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Laser treatment and demoralisation

A strange mixture I know. I had my first physio appointment today. He did this laser treatment thing in my knee to get rid of scar tissue and promote collagen or something. It was really wierd, not painful just wierd. Then he used this thing that felt like it was vibrating really hard but I think it was electical impulses. That was even more weird. The great thing was that he explained everything he was doing and how it helped and what was going on in my knee unlike all other doctors I've seen. So I left feeling happy and encouraged. I then had my piano lesson. I couldn't have played any worse if I tried I swear. You know you get to that stage sometimes when somethings going to badly you just want to stop and run away, or cry? Well that happened in the first thing I played which was only a scale of bloody F major which I should be able to do that with my eyes closed. We then went on to do about 20 scales, all of which got progressively worse as I went on. My teacher didn't say anything afterwards which is even worse than her being pissed off at me. We then did my pieces. My oh my. I really don't know what was wrong with me. I think that was the last straw really for my teacher. She went on about how my exam's only just over a month away and I need to be doing at least an hour and a half of practice a day, preferably three. Dear me. It's weird, piano is the only thing really that I get worked up over. I don't mind failing at everything else (which is just as well really) but I really don't want to fail my piano exam. I can't afford to fail it anyway, its costing me 59 pounds!

Agh what a depressing post. Oh well, I'll be more cheerful tomorrow.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:31 pm, Blogger sparkles said…

    *hug*

    you're cool

    189 scales is a scary amount that I don't even want to think about!!!!

     
  • At 7:46 pm, Blogger Emily said…

    Thanks Hannah. :)

     
  • At 8:38 pm, Blogger doubleknot said…

    I was blog surfing when I ran across your blog - very nice - but when you mentioned a treatment you had on your knee I had to write to you. I am in the States but maybe they have the same treatment here if I knew what it was. I have had surgery on one knee in August and it still hurts. I don't think my doctor used any of the things you mentioned them doing to your knee and has it worked? Thanks

     
  • At 12:27 pm, Blogger Emily said…

    Yeah it is working for me i think. I don't know if you had the same problem as me or not but I was told if physio doesn't work then I would have surgery. They wanted to do that as a last resort though as I'm only 18. Basically all my joints are too loose and bend too far the wrong way. My treatment is just to tighten and strengthen the ligaments that hold my kneecap in place. I'd done alot of damage to them as I've dislocated my knee five times in the last seven years. If physio couldn't do that then I'd have surgery to rebuild and strengthen them etc. I'm not a doctor so I your problem could to completely different to mine. Hope thats some help though. If you're worried I'd talk to your doctor. They're there to help :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home