The Tip of the Iceberg

Thursday, November 03, 2005

A Time and a Place - my mother the goldfish

This is something my mother is very keen on telling me about but has no idea about herself. For example, when I got home yesterday after working eight hours in my suicide-worthy boring, dead-end job with no break I am greeted with demands for my rent. For the fourth time I told her that I have no money in the bank as I have not received a pay-check yet but I will take out an overdraft if she so wishes. To this she demands to know what I've done with all my money which I reply that I went to visit friends (practically the only social thing I've done since the summer) and I needed a coat. Of course this isn't good enough, nothing ever is. So I'm still standing in the doorway holding my bike lights and my legs are about to collapse under me. Don't tell me that was the time and place for that conversation. Can I really be blamed for nearly loosing my temper? She askes me the same thing nearly EVERY SINGLE DAY. My mother the goldfish.

I would just like to add that I do love her dearly she just winds me up.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:59 pm, Blogger Louise said…

    look i am a real person writing on your blog! yay!

    i like it how you dont mention the name of the place where u work..lol

     
  • At 11:05 pm, Blogger Emily said…

    I'm too ashamed...and i don't want any visitors :)

     
  • At 9:11 am, Blogger sparkles said…

    :hug:

     

Post a Comment

<< Home