The Tip of the Iceberg

Monday, November 07, 2005

Digging Holes

Yes I dug myself a nice big hole yesterday at church. Fortunately I think i was entitled to and Lou agreed with me. But basically when one of the leaders asked me if I'd enjoyed the service, and for parts of it I had strongly considered walking out, I can't just say 'Oh yes it was wonderful! Well done.' So I told him what I didn't totally agree with. Woah bad idea! To say he was defensive would be a huge understatement. I barely even said half of what I wanted to and even that was sugar coated, but from his reaction you would have thought I called them all a bunch of devil worshippers. Me and my big mouth.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ouch! Nasty, nasty spam blogbots around her - turn on word verification and lose them.
    That's not why I popped in, rather to say I like the look of your blog and your honesty, but churches _tend_ to be full of people with convictions that are not easily shaken and the ideas of others, however honestly and faithfully given in love, may not be received as such. Put relationships first and focus on the reason you're all together and your honesty will be acceptable to all who love you.

     
  • At 11:28 pm, Blogger Emily said…

    Agh I know! All that crap is so annoying but I dunno how to stop it! What's word verification?

     
  • At 5:51 pm, Blogger Louise said…

    no, you and your honest mouth.Im so pleased you said something!

    btw: Why dont you have any info on the dangers of the pharmaceutical industry :-P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home