The Tip of the Iceberg

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Con men and chopped tomatoes

A whole week, dear oh dear. Well yesterday was a really bizzarre day. I think I might have ben robbed. Right, this bloke came to my checkout and bought something like shaving cream, can't remember exactly but its not important. It was about a pound and he paid with a fifty pound note. I gave him his change and then he said, 'could i have it in change please, love.' So i started giving him some change and the whole time he was chatting, being really friendly but getting closer and closer to the till (though I didnt notice this to start with.) He kept changing his mind and things kept getting more and more comfusing til i wasn't sure which was his money and which was mine. He then said, 'Oh don't worry about it, i'll just have my fifty note back.' He gave me fifty pounds and I gave him his note. But I'm not sure if the money he gave me was his or from my till. This all happened it about 30 seconds. He then started saying that I owed him more money and pointed to the change on his reciept. By then I was starting to get pretty pissed off and really confused about what was going on. I think he was just counting on me being some half-wit who would just give him what he asked for to get rid of him. Or not even realise what was going on. Unfortunately for him I'm not completely stupid, only partially. In the end he just said 'forget it' and walked out. The more I think about it the more confused it gets in my brain. Oh well we'll soon know if he was some con man if my till's a hundred quid down or something. It was very clever though, I'm not saying i admire those sort of skills or anything, but its amazing how easy it is to manipulate someone. Very clever.

Oh yeah and the other hilarious thing. It was getting towards the end of my shift. We have to ask people if they want us to pack for them. So I asked this couple
'would you like me to pack this up for you?'
only unfortunately for me I was holding a tin of chopped tomatoes at the time so it came out
'would you like me to chop this up for you.'
They didn't understand and the more I tried to explain to them the more they looked at me like 'oh my goodness i don't want her touching my shopping, it might be catching.' Ah well. I had to dive under the til because I was laughing so much. Agh, tragic.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:47 am, Blogger sparkles said…

    Ha ha ha ha ha aha ha ha aha ha ah aha ah aha aha ha aha ha aha ah aha ha ah aha ha ha ha ha ha aha ha ha aha ha ah aha ah aha aha ha aha ha aha ah aha ha ah aha ha ha ha ha ha aha ha ha aha ha ah aha ah aha aha ha aha ha aha ah aha ha ah aha ha ha ha ha ha aha ha ha aha ha ah aha ah aha aha ha aha ha aha ah aha ha ah aha haha ha ha ha aha ha ha aha ha ah aha ah aha aha ha aha ha aha ah aha ha ah aha ha ha ha ha ha aha ha ha aha ha ah aha ah aha aha ha aha ha aha ah aha ha ah aha ha ha ha ha ha aha ha ha aha ha ah aha ah aha aha ha aha ha aha ah aha ha ah aha haha ha ha ha aha ha ha aha ha ah aha ah aha aha ha aha ha aha ah aha ha ah aha ha

    to the second little story.... ;)

    Well done for not being 'completely' stupid - that's gotta be the quote of the week: "Unfortunately for him I'm not completely stupid, only partially."

    You are wonderful.

     
  • At 12:03 pm, Blogger Emily said…

    *bows* thankyou :) However long did it take you to write all those "ha aha's!!!!!"

     
  • At 12:12 pm, Blogger sparkles said…

    I copied and pasted ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home