The Tip of the Iceberg

Thursday, April 13, 2006

6 hours at the US Embassy, now there's a fun day out.


Ooooh what a good few days! Ok starting with Monday. Work, obviously was crappy as usual. Boring boring boring, not gonna waste my breath. BUT fortunately I went out with Joy, Alice, Stephan, Kim, Lucy and another girl who's name I didn't know and rudely didn't find out the whole evening. We went to Lloyds and crewed on up to Liquid, tragically the only place open (except Optic) on a Monday night. (not the biggest fan of Liquid really) It was so bizarre though because EVERYONE seemed to be out. Who goes out on a Monday??? Well loads of my old friends from high school were there which was so cool. Beautiful Laura and Lucy were also there. Loads of people from sixth form were there. Faye from work was there too and her weirdo boyfriend. Tragically (again) my train to London was at 9 the next morning and I really didn't want to miss it so I left at about midnight.

Ah yesterday at the US embassy. Remind me again why I want to go to America?!?!?? To get to the US Embassy I had to walk passed loads of others too. I would have known which was America's even if I was blind I reckon. It was surrounded by concrete blocks, then scaffolding, then more concrete and then more scaffolding. You couldn't get within 50m of it. ALL the other Embassy's you could walk straight through the front door. Hilarious. Also it was swarming with police with machine guns. I arrived at about 11:30 and didn't leave til about 5:30. The actual process took no more than three minutes but there seemed to be at least 1000 people all getting visas. Fortunately for me I met a girl called Emily who was going with Camp America to work in New Jersey. No wasn't standing in the bathrooms all day talking to the mirror, she actually exists, I swear. And a guy call Robert who'd done this about 4 times before. Shockingly, I hadn't forgotten anything and they are very happy to let me in the country. I was a little optimistic in thinking that I would get the 4pm train home from Liverpool Street though. The ticket person said I could either upgrade my ticket to a £65 one (paying about 40 quid) and get the next train home. Or I could wait an hour and pay £1. Hmmm now that really is a tough decision. I got home about 10pm...for £1.

Seventeen days until Egypt....

3 Comments:

  • At 11:26 am, Blogger Harriet said…

    hey... i very nearly went to liquid!!! Monday night is the night to be out apparently! I went to the glasshouse for a couple of hours, before going home. How boring am i!!!!

     
  • At 11:39 am, Blogger Emily said…

    Man!! We just can't seem to get together can we??? You free this monday? Liquid again. Lol.

     
  • At 9:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ooh no, ive got family coming over. :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home