The Tip of the Iceberg

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Nutters in suits, Amy+Josh, tragic Egypt times and a German

Another uneventful weekend passes by. Lifeguarding was boring, everyone can swim too well. Although I did have a weird staring competition with some high up manager guy in a suit. He came strolling into my swimming pool, where I am in charge, and started moaning something about keeping all the doors shut. I asked which doors because there weren't any open doors in the pool. He vaguely waved his arms around which I took to mean the french doors around one of the walls. Bizzarrely they were all closed though. So I just said "Ok..." in a kind of 'you weird little man' type voice. But then he just stood there looking at me like he was waiting for me to do something. As I wasn't entirely sure how to close closed door so I just stared back at him. I'm really bad when people stare at me because I get really competitive. I think thats one of the many reasons why alot of my teachers didn't like me at school. But anyway, after a little while he just sorta nodded and strolled out again. Idiot.

Went out with Abi (see I've mentioned you, love) Amy, Josh and some of their friends on Saturday night which was nice. I can't really disclose what we were talking about but I will say this. Amy and Josh, you guys are awesome! It is so great to go out with interesting people who don't just say the 'right' thing. (Abi, you're great too x x x) Unfortunately, due to the clocks going somewhere (forwards, backwards, I'm never quite sure) and that I had to be a church at 9 this morning, me and Abs didn't stay out too late. Oh what a good girl I am. I was still really tired this morning, though amazingly quite on time. I even managed to arrange some flowers, which had spent the night hidden in the bath because I was scared I was gonna kick the vase over in my room, very badly in a nasty vase for mother's day.

Oh man, wanna hear something tragic? When me and Joy go to Egypt we have to get the train at 10pm Sunday evening even though our flight isn't til midday Monday morning. How annoying is that!?

Right, I must be off. Gotta play taboo with a German.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    taboo with a german!? how bloody random! xx

     
  • At 12:21 pm, Blogger sparkles said…

    I love taboo.

    That guy in a suit seemed strange - perhaps he needs glasses...

     
  • At 11:13 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    I think we still have your nan's taboo pad somewhere Helen :S will try to find it before next Fridays!

     
  • At 10:08 pm, Blogger sparkles said…

    ooo, I didn't realise we left it! Cheers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home