The Tip of the Iceberg

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

They want me!!!

Last night while I was at Homegroup I got a call from a guy in America asking if I would like to come at work at his camp over the summer! It sounds so unbelievably perfectly amazing! My main role will be a camp counsellor but I will also be a fill in lifeguard which is exactly what I wanted! Its in New Jersey and is run by the Salvation Army. A couple of years ago that would have put be off, but I have since learnt that there is much more to the salvation army than rules and uniform. Its 400 acres with a lake and log cabins (I totally was wishing for log cabins!) I think the guy I talked to said there were six different week long camps. First one is a music camp, second is a survival type camp, then a sports camp and I can't remember the others. Something christiany I think. Halfway through we have a week long break were all the staff go travelling around abit together which sounded awesome. Also the camp directors have paid for us all to go to this incredible theme park! Because my lifeguard certificate is only a national one I have to go a week early to do the American Red Cross thingy or something like that. But they pay for it all and then I'm covered for another three years worldwide! It finishes on the 24th August and my visa lets me travel around til October. I think that about all. Hehe I'm so excited!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:38 pm, Blogger Harriet said…

    thats great emily!! you are going to have such a cool time!!
    ps happy birthday for tomorrow as well!! x

    hats x x x

     
  • At 10:35 pm, Blogger sparkles said…

    whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo congrats dude!!!!

    and yes - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! for tomorrow xxx

     
  • At 6:32 am, Blogger Helsalata said…

    Wow! What an opportunity! Well done you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home