The Tip of the Iceberg

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Good Bye Mount Zion? I think not.

  • The passage which keeps coming into my head in this is Matthew 18:20

    For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.

    Although it is really sad that the building of Mount Zion is gone, it was only a building. Like Pastor Steve Mawston said to the news crews, "Our church is not a building - it is about people." Just because the building is gone doesn't mean the church is. At the risk of quoting too much bible stuff...ah who cares. What also keeps coming into my head is that song that goes

    "Your ways are higher than our ways and the plans that you have made are good and true."

    I'm sure all prayers for the leadership teams and all the members at Zion would be totally apprieciated. Prayers for faith, hope, acceptance and all the practical things too. Also for the people who live nearby Mount Zion. There is gonna be alot of focus on the church in the next little while, there's no reason why that can't be used for good!

    Disaster has a funny way of bringing people together, I really pray that through this the churches of Norwich will unite as one.

    1 Comments:

    • At 12:34 am, Blogger monty said…

      My prayer is that they will also learn to value materialism less and the church as people more.

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home