The Tip of the Iceberg

Friday, February 10, 2006

My last day off

Hmmm what did I do today? Oh I know. I tidyed my room! I really should have done a before and after shot because it really is unrecognisable!!! I'm well impressed. Admittedly I probably haven't tidyed properly since September. (man thats really bad) So now my room is beautiful. And I got inspired to finish off the artiness on the walls
I did my wardrobe......


They're still not finished yet though, obviously.

Then, inspired by Lou, I paintified my mirror. Yes the ACTUAL mirror. Ha who said I wasn't smart???!!? Lou???

I learnt this bible verse at Spring Harvest 1996. We sang it in a crappy, tuneless little song which I can still remember and sing to you today. Totally awesome. Crappy tuneless little songs work, no doubt about it.

This is my faveourite bible verse of all. I was gonna write the whole thing but my arm got tired and then I got bored. The full thing is

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

You can't read this very well be I love it. It says 'A person who makes no mistakes does not usually make amything.' Edward Phelps.

Ah back to work tomorrrow. Tragic.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:10 am, Blogger Harriet said…

    your room is amazing as always!! i always seem to make very good friends who are very good at art!!

     
  • At 5:55 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Looks great!

    Speaking of eagles I like this from Exodus 19:

    'You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself. 5 Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, 6 you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.'

     
  • At 6:59 pm, Blogger sparkles said…

    Beautiful stuff - you have a talent in writing in beautiful ways. What a fab thing to write on your mirror!!

    I've got a poster from Laura on my board that says

    'YOUR beauty should not come from outward adornment...

    Instead, it should be that of your INNER SELF, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which IS OF GREAT WORTH in God's sight.'

    1 Peter 3: 3,4'

    I like the way it highlights some stuff

     
  • At 9:37 pm, Blogger monty said…

    Very impressive paintings mate - looks awesome - and the quotes are great too

     
  • At 11:03 pm, Blogger Emily said…

    Cheers guys. I haven't heard that verse before, Laura, but its really cool. Theres something really uplifting (no pun intended) about the thought of being carried on eagles wings when you travel with God. I haven't heard that one from 1 Peter either, Sparkles. I really like to have stuff like that on my mirror. Thats one of the most helpful places to have it I reckon. It's where I need to remember it most.

     
  • At 4:43 pm, Blogger sparkles said…

    yeah totally.

    I don't have a mirror.

    Life is easier that way ;)
    (I get stuck squeezing spots for hours otherwise ;-))

     
  • At 10:41 pm, Blogger monty said…

    hehehe

    I don't have an iron - life is much much easier that way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home