The Tip of the Iceberg

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Job

Right I fear this is gonna be another longish one.
First off, what I didn't mention before was that I started thinking all these 'crazy next year' thoughts after I'd started reading my bible again. I hadn't mentioned this before because it seemed really unrelated. I prayed beforehand that God would show me what he wanted me to read etc and ended up reading a bit from Job. I was really confused afterwards because it seemed so irrelevant and so I just put it out of my head. At the end of last week I was getting really pissed off because everyone was telling me just to ask God what he wanted me to do and all that and I was. I went to and evening service at our church Sunday evening and I was just sitting there getting so angry with God because he wouldn't speak to me. It wasn't fair! He was speaking to everyone else but not me! I could work out what I was doing wrong. The I suddenly remembered some random bits I read in Job. It said this

How can anyone be right in the presence of God? Someone might argue with God but no-one could answer God, not even one out of a thousand. God's wisdom is deep, and his power is great; no one can fight him without getting hurt. Job 9 verses 2-4

He does wonders that cannot be understood; he does so many miracles that cannot be counted. When he passes by me I cannot see him; when he goes by me, I do not recognise him. If he snatches something away, no one can stop him or say to him 'What are you doing?' Job 9 verses 10-12

So how can I argue with God or even find words to argue with him? Even if I were right, I could not answer him; I could only beg God, my judge, for mercy. Job 9 verses 14-15

So I was there getting seriously angry with God because he wasn't talking to me or giving me any signs or even letting me know he was there and this all came into my head. Pretty cool huh? (And I am the worlds worst person at remembering bible verses!) But I just realised, who on earth am I to question God? Its not like I have a right to know what's going on or deserve even him to have him speak to me. Although this might sound depressing it actually really encouraged me bizzarrely.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home