The Tip of the Iceberg

Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy Christmas and New Year

Happy Christmas, New Year and all that. It's been a while I know. Christmas got in the way! It has been a pretty cool christmas and new year actually. I'll just give you a brief summery.
I got the Disney Princess Christmas Album which is awesome, definately recommended (cheers Ray) and Charlie and the chocolate factory which is incredible. Totally love it! We got up at 7 to open stockings. Then church at 10:30. Gran came for dinner and presents and stuff. We had the coolest crackers. Inside each one was a whistle with a number on it. In the box was a conductors baton and some music. Then the conductor could like point to each person to make a tune. It was hilarious, trust me.



Boxing was great as usual. Off to Lowerstoft we all went. I think there must have been about thirty off us, scarily all related! Ah here we all are. There's a few people all taking pictures as well! Just as we arrived it chucked it down and we all got soaked. I paddled as usual and got my jeans soaked as usual. Hehe, gotta keep up the tradition.



Then it was back to work on Tuesday. Crapness.
The rest of the week must have been pretty rubbish (or really really good) because I can't remember any of it.



And then New Years Eve. Well first off Alice fell off her bike on the way to her paper round and hit her head and arm. She couldn't see for a bit but then just carried on with her paper round. Mum took her to casualty at about 9am and they found she'd gone and fractured her elbow, bless her. And who should they meet there but my nana who had also slipped over and fractured her arm.

I went in the city to work because my boss had told me there was a football match on saturday only to find there was no match. About 10 minutes later I got a phone call from her saying she'd just realised she'd told me saturday instead of monday. Fortunately it wasn't a wasted trip as I went and spent far too much money in the sales. Man the city is lethal at the moment. It's like kill or be killed at some of those sale racks. I found it pretty hilarious just to stand back and watch some people. It's amazing what people will do just to save a couple of pounds.

I then forced myself to go to a New Years eve party, saying I would thank myself later. And you know I really am. For the first time in a while I enjoyed being with other people. Maybe it's not entirely me, and actually the people I keep going out with. Well I had a really good night anyway. We eventually went to sleep at about 4am. Then at 5am someone threw up what sounded like the entire contents of the Pacific Ocean and after that not many of us felt like sleeping...

Totally overdosed on coffee the next morning and drove home at about 11:30 for a family meal at Helen's. The caffine hit me all at once because I think stopped blinking at about midday til I had to play at church at 2pm. The practise was fine but once the service started I was totally gone. Fortuately church is probably one of the only places that I could have got away with it. Every time I drifted off while playing (which was quite frequently) they just presumed I was doing serious business with God. It doesn't help that aot of christian songs are really relaxing and repetitive. I think people quite enjoyed the new acoustic version of songs though, but maybe next time I'll gradually stop and start playing rather than dozing off and just holding the same chord for 10 bars till it dies away. Then waking up and suddenly realising that yes I am meant to be playing this keyboard in front of me and just whacking my hands down hoping that they know whats going on even if my brain doesn't. Lol whatever possessed me to agree to play on New Years Day? Seriously.


Anyway, in an overall summary of my life at the moment it is good. I am feeling quite encouraged that I might still be capable of interacting with other and enjoying other people's company. Oh yeah and pictures may follow of various events mentioned.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:43 pm, Blogger sparkles said…

    he he - I'm glad you had a good time new year's eve. You deserve it ;) I shall have to come and watch you playing/leading in worship sometime - sounds nice and chilled ;)

     
  • At 4:52 pm, Blogger Harriet said…

    heya! nice to see the blog is back! hope alice and your nana are ok.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home