The Tip of the Iceberg

Friday, January 20, 2006

A little thought

Ok so I'm having a little thought, well quite a big thought actually, more like a 'change the whole rest of my life' kinda thought if I'm honest but for the benefit of me not freaking out we'll call it a little thought. Ok so I realised a week ago that I don't actually want to go to Bath to do Music and Psychology. What I really want to do is to go and work somewhere where I could really be useful, like with Tearfund or something. Then I went on in my thinking and realised that theres not much point going out somewhere like that if you have no skillls to offer. So I thought maybe I'll go and train to be a nurse next year instead. Nursing has much more prospects than the randomness of music and psychology. Plus I know that if I can't see a purpose in doing things then I don't do them. I know everyone just thinks I'm lazy when it comes to school work (and that might be part of it) but the reason I did so bad at sixth form is that I just couldn't see a point to most of what I was doing. With something like nursing I can totally see the point in doing it. So anyway, I only decided this last night and unfortunately i think it's too late to do UCAS stuff now. BUT then I thought well maybe I should try to do one of these year long mission things in septmeber. That gives me enough time to raise the money and find out about stuff. My main problem in life is that I don't know what I want. I can't guarantee that in a weeks time I'll think this was a crap idea and want to do something totally different. BUT (again) this does kinda feel really right to me. And I haven't read my bible or anything for longer than I care to admit, but I tried to get back into the habit again last week. And right after I started thinking all this stuff. I would really really apprieciate peoples thoughts and prayers on this. I really do want to do what God wants me to do, I'm just really not sure what that is.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:21 pm, Blogger Harriet said…

    heya!! Thats so totally cool you have been thinking? Have you heard from camp america stuff? Ive got a friend whos applied and who i am living with next year!

    Being a nurse would be totally worth while, and i bet in the summer you could get through clearing or something? Im sure ucas will tell you what you need to know. Its funny you blogged on mission, coz at CU international mission was the topic. We got given a load of information and stuff so read Matthew 28:18-20.

    God wants us to do this. To find out what you want and what God wants, pray. I will pray for you too hun, as we all need guidance!!

    Its so cool that you want to find out what you want to do, so many of us like to think we know, just coz its easy. God will let you know in time his life plan, as he will for us all.

    xXxXx

     
  • At 9:40 pm, Blogger sparkles said…

    Will pray me lovely.

    One thing I do pray is that you find the space and time to listen to God. Cuz you may not know what you want to do, and you may faf and change your mind loads, but one sure way is to ask the big guy, cuz he knows what you'll be feeling in the next 6months, 12months, 2yrs etc etc.

    Ask Him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 9:49 pm, Blogger Emily said…

    I do ask him! Just God doesn't seem to like talking to me. And its really not from lack of listening on my part. Seriously it takes me about two hours to get to sleep at night, theres plenty of space for God to talk to me then. Maybe im not listening in the right way, i don't know.

     
  • At 4:39 pm, Blogger Louise said…

    hahaha youve had the same thought as me. Im applying through nmas now. explain all when i see you tomo

    whatevr happens is going to be fine!

     
  • At 11:52 am, Blogger Helsalata said…

    You're not lazy! Like you say, you just need to see the point in what your doing to be motivated- there's nothing wrong in that! I think you've got a really good plan forming there. I was thinking of you the other day because I friend of mine does international exchanges and he's looking for people to go whenever, free of charge. OK, the places aren't Christian (necessarily) but there's nothing to stop you doing stuff while you're over there!. He's got contacts all over the place and I can't remember where the one is he was hoping to fill, a lot of them are Eastern Europe, places like Romania and Ukraine. He gets grants from all over the place which include a trip out there to visit first of all, plane fares there and back and living expenses. It sounds really good. Let me know if you're interested...

     
  • At 8:32 pm, Blogger Emily said…

    That sounds really awesome! I am open to anything at the moment. We'll soon find out if its right or not. I'm often better being a christian in non christian places etc being the weird person I am. Thanks Helsalata.

     
  • At 9:29 pm, Blogger sparkles said…

    ooo I might be interested in that...

     
  • At 10:51 pm, Blogger Helsalata said…

    No worries! I'll endeavour to find out more...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home