The Tip of the Iceberg

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

warning, writing and wet trousers

I know I'm posting less and less at the moment but its all in your best interests, trust me. Other than moaning about various idiots at work/home/world or writing obscurely about sensitive things but being so indirect about it so even I will begin to wonder what I'm talking about, I don't really have much to say. And I don't want this to become a dull and monotonous blog that says the same dull and monotous things over and over and over and over again. So there we go.

Oooh my writing is coming on quite well. I now have 3 completely finished chapters, one in the making, one which seems to have hit a brick wall (i am trying to break though though) and one short piece which was meant to be the beginning but now seems completely unrelated to anything else I've written. Unfortunately there are so many holes in the plot and the characters that at some point the whole thing is going to fall apart. You know when you look at the sky on a clear night and think there are no stars? Then you suddenly see one, then another, then there's like millions and millions? Well thats seems to be how it is with planning this book. At the start I thought "piece of cake, have a vague idea for a story, a few characters, couple of pages planning." Then I realised I might need to do abit more. And now the more I do, the more things I seem to have remaining to complete!

Agh heres something fuuny. Know what I did today? Well I left my bike out last night because, well just because I couldn't be arsed to put it away really. And last night it rained. When I went out this morning to get my bike to cycle to work I noticed it was abit wet so sensibly dried the seat with a towel, as you do. As I cycled down the road I thought to myself 'hmmm the seat feels cold today, must be cause i left it outside' and didn't think anymore of it. When I got to work I realised that my wonderful bike seat which is as comfy as a sponge is in fact a sponge. And all the water it had soaked up last night was now on my trousers going from the top right down to the back of my knees! (don't ask me how i didn't notice) I didn't even have anyway of hiding it. It couldn't have looked more incriminating if I actually had wet myself. So I just made a mad dash through the store to the staff room and bolted up the stairs. I don't even want to think about what I must have looked like, my oh my.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home